The BQ-500 perfect binder is designed for increased book-of-one productivity, increased automation, and increased quality control over a wider range of substrates regardless of run length. In a variable range of +/-5mm, the BQ-500 can reach production speeds of up to 800 books per hour.
- Advanced automation: The BQ-500 features 21 automated sections in total, reducing setup and changeover time even when making fine variable thickness adjustments – all while ensuring higher quality books.
- Improved visual monitoring: A new, larger production monitoring screen and new, customizable LED lighting serve as a quick-look indicator of system readiness and status. Indicator lights can even be seen from across the production floor with the BQ-500’s light tower.
- Variable production: The BQ-500 is the most productive binder for book-of-one production in its class. In a variable range of +/-5mm, the BQ-500 can reach production speeds of up to 800 books per hour, almost double the productivity of other binders in this range.
- Expanded customization: The BQ-500 is designed to support a wide range of connectivity and enhancement options so that you can expand and tailor capabilities to match your unique needs.
- Clean spine preparation: Improved milling waste removal, a newly designed air flow, and an improved glue application system help ensure high-quality production.
- EVA and PUR: The BQ-500 features interchangeable EVA and PUR glue tanks with a new and improved tank removal process for cleaner and easier tank changeover.
- Gentle delivery: To prevent damage to more delicate books, the BQ-500 has reduced the book drop from 150mm to only 5mm. Books are then gently lowered to the delivery belt.
- iCE LINK: The BQ-500 is the first perfect binder to come equipped with iCE LINK, a cloud-based platform that can provide device monitoring, KPI analysis, PM schedule/alerts, JDF/JMF Workflow, scheduling, job creation, editing and more.
|Book block||Max: 12.59″ x 12.59″
Min: 5.70″ x 4.13″
|Cover size||Max: 12.59″ x 26.37″
Min: 5.315″ x 8.859″
|Cover pile height||5.90″|
|Cover thickness||Coated: 104 to 348 gsm
Uncoated: 81.4 to 302 gsm
|Production Speed(s)||Up to 800 books/hr|